All women and men start losing bone after age 30. This loss of bone mass can lead to osteoporosis, thinning of bone tissue and loss of bone density. Researchers estimate that about half of all American women over the age of 50 will have a fracture of the hip, wrist, or bones of the spine.
Calcium is an essential nutrient for bone health. If your body does not absorb enough calcium from your diet, bone production and bone tissues may suffer. The best way to keep sufficient calcium supply to your body is to eat a lot of dark green vegetables, such as spinach and collard, and have a lot of dairy products. The recommendation is to have at least 1,200 milligrams calcium and 800 – 1,000 international units of Vitamin D3 per day. Most people’s diet cannot measure up to this level. The solution is to take calcium and Vitamin D3 supplements.
I’m lactose intolerant and cannot digest regular milk and dairy products properly. To maintain my bone health, I take calcium supplements very seriously. Well, the truth is that not all calcium supplements are equal. After researching many brands of calcium supplements, I found that most brands are not readily absorbed by the body for three reasons.
- Many calcium brands use calcium from eggshell or oyster shell. I even saw one using calcium from lime stone. All these calcium products contains calcium carbonate only. According to New York state Health Dept. , calcium carbonate may cause more side effects, such as gas, bloating, constipation, etc., than calcium citrate. Calcium in nature food comes in all forms: carbonate, lactate, phosphate, sulfate and citrate. These varieties greatly help absorption.
- Some cheap brands don’t blend calcium with Vitamin D3. Vitamin D helps your body absorb calcium.
- Most importantly, calcium must dissolve in your stomach before it can be absorbed in your intestines. Most, if not all, calcium supplements come in tablet form which is full of binding agents and additives to hold the tablet together. These binding agents do not break down in the body making absorption difficult.
If the calcium supplement cannot be absorbed by your body, what’s the point of taking the supplement?
I was relieved until I found Isotonix® Calcium Plus. Isotonix® Calcium Plus comes in a power form without any filler or binding agent. When taking it, you dissolve it in a fixed measure of water to make isotonic fluid. Isotonic means containing similar concentrations of salt and sugar as in the human body, commonly used in isotonic sports drinks. When isotonic fluid enters the body, it will be absorbed into the bloodstream rapidly and little nutritive value is lost making the absorption of nutrients highly efficient. Isotonic fluid can be absorbed by the body in 5~15 minutes, comparing with tablets taking 40 minutes to 4 hours. An isotonic fluid is nature’s best nutrient delivery system.
Here’s how I take my daily doses of Isotonix® Calcium Plus.
- Pour a cap of Isotonix® Calcium Plus powder.
- Put it into the measuring cup that came with the bottle.
- Pour in 60 ml of water. It fizzles up dissolving the powder.
- In 20 seconds, it settles into clear orange flavoured isotonic calcium + Vitamin D drink. Drink up and you’re all set for the day. Definitely more pleasant than taking a pill.
Here’s an official video introduction of Isotonix Calcium.
You can buy Isotonix Calcium Plus here. Consider the effectiveness, this product gives you the best value for your money.